The A.T.E has been tested to the guidelines in NCHRP 350 for a gating, re-directive terminal end. When installed correctly the system will allow an errant vehicle to over ride or gate through the high tensioned anchor area of the terminal end in a safe manner.
Armorwire® Terminal End
- Tested to NCHRP 350 TL-3
- Exceptionally good vehicle behaviour
- Can anchor either 3 or 4 Armorwire®Wire Rope barriers
- Standard foundation footing size for compacted road base
- Easily installed and low maintenance
- Designed and manufactured in New Zealand
- Easily repaired after impact
- Low cost patented technology
- Length of need is met at Post 5
- Max flare, 300mm over 10m of the terminal end (offset from tangent)
- Posts 2 - 5 are spaced at 2m (straight)
- All steel components are hot dip galvanised
- Wire Rope – 19mm 3 x 7 strand, pre-stretched by 35%
- 3mm Polyethylene washers to eliminate corrosion adhesion between the steel components
- 3 x Ground strut concrete piles are a min. of 450mm diameter x 2500mm deep.
- 4 x Line post footings 300mm diameter x750mm
- Concrete is 25mpa
- Tension as required by the chart in product manual
STANDARDS AND APPROVALS
Accepted by NZ Transport Agency for use on New Zealand State Highways.