In addition to our base-hinged range of masts, we also offer a wide range of Abacus fixed masts for large-scale floodlighting. With over 50 years of engineering experience on projects all over the world Abacus masts deliver a range of proven solutions for sports stadia, ports and wind turbines.
Fixed Stadium and Area masts (20m–70m)
Designed for specific applications by considering:
- Wind levels in the proposed locations.
- Aesthetic options such as ’designer’ headframes.
- Location of control gear and protection equipment.
A range of access methods for maintenance:
- External ladder access with optional rest platforms.
- External access using the manrider elevator system.
- Internal access, with a ladder running up the inside of the mast.
- External access by means of crane and basket.
- Masts above 20m are made from friction-fit tapered polygonal shafts - typically 18-sided for minimum wind resistance.
- Masts are hot-dip galvanised to ISO EN 1461.
- Foundations - Part of our mast-design service includes providing a mast foundation reference, which can be cross-referenced in our standard foundations guide. This will indicate the dimensions and volume of concrete and steel required to support your mast in situ. See High Mast Foundation Designs