The Armorwire® Test Level 3 – 3 Wire Rope and Test Level 4 – 4 Wire Rope Barriers have been tested to the guidelines in NCHRP 350 for longitudinal cable barriers. When installed correctly the system will allow an errant vehicle to be stopped, contained or redirected in a safe manner.
Armorwire® Wire Rope Barrier Systems
- Tested to NCHRP 350 TL-3 and TL-4
- Exceptionally good vehicle control and behaviour
- Can be used in either edge of road or median application
- Easily installed and low maintenance
- Small amount of components in the system make up
- Easily repaired after impact
- Designed and manufactured in New Zealand
- Low cost patented technology
- All posts are hot-dip galvanised with a white powder-coated finish to comply with AS 4506-2005. For more click here.
- A ‘galvanised only’ option is available on request which can only be used on non-state highways.
- Wire Rope - 19mm 3 x 7 strand, pre-stretched by 35%
- Cable heights (to the centre) as per the technical drawings
- Typical line post footing piles are 300 diameter x 750mm (0.05m3)
- Length of need is met at Post 5 (where post 1 is the trigger post)
- Posts 2 - 5 are spaced at 2m (LoN to the trigger post)
Armorwire® Wire Rope Barriers have been designed and tested to meet the evaluation criteria of NCHRP 350 Test Levels 3 and 4.
Test Level 4 - 4 Rope Armorwire® only has been accepted by NZ Transport Agency for use on New Zealand State Highways.
For technical drawings of Armorwire® Wire Rope TL-3 and TL-4 Wire Rope Barrier go to the Installation & Product Manual or the Technical Drawings section of the website.
Crash Test Results
Crash test deflection results - test barrier length 130m including terminal ends